[U-Boot] BDI2000 configuration for P2020DS

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 14 21:45:37 CEST 2011

Dear "Ira W. Snyder",

In message <20110714185958.GE19312 at ovro.caltech.edu> you wrote:

> Does anyone have a BDI2000 configuration for the P2020DS that they could
> share with me?

Abatron ships a p2020ds.cfg with their firmware for the BDI.  Do you
think this is not working or not good enough?

> The documentation Freescale sent me claims that U-Boot is in a 4MB SPI
> flash, however, the U-Boot that came with the board is unable to
> initialize the SPI subsystem per their instructions.
> I thought I'd use the BDI2000 to dump a copy of their U-Boot before I
> replace it with my own, just for good measure.

Well, if it's really in SPI flash, then the BDI will not help you to
dump it.  The BDI cannot access SPI flash directly.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from
a simple system that worked."             - John Gall, _Systemantics_