[U-Boot] BDI2000 configuration for P2020DS

Ira W. Snyder iws at ovro.caltech.edu
Thu Jul 14 21:55:25 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 09:45:37PM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear "Ira W. Snyder",
>
> In message <20110714185958.GE19312 at ovro.caltech.edu> you wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have a BDI2000 configuration for the P2020DS that they could
> > share with me?
>
> Abatron ships a p2020ds.cfg with their firmware for the BDI.  Do you
> think this is not working or not good enough?

It says, right at the top:

; The values used to configure the memory controller
; are the ones U-boot uses to setup my system.
; Your system may need different ones !!!
;
; This configuration is not usable for U-boot debugging.
; Use it to debug example code loaded into SDRAM.

I'm hoping for a configuration that can program the flash on a bricked
board. Then I can flash anything I want without fear of rendering an
expensive board useless.

> > The documentation Freescale sent me claims that U-Boot is in a 4MB SPI
> > flash, however, the U-Boot that came with the board is unable to
> > initialize the SPI subsystem per their instructions.
> > I thought I'd use the BDI2000 to dump a copy of their U-Boot before I
> > replace it with my own, just for good measure.
>
> Well, if it's really in SPI flash, then the BDI will not help you to
> dump it.  The BDI cannot access SPI flash directly.

Thanks for the information.
Ira