[U-Boot] BDI2000 configuration for P2020DS

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 14 22:23:29 CEST 2011

Dear "Ira W. Snyder",

In message <20110714195525.GF19312 at ovro.caltech.edu> you wrote:

> It says, right at the top:
>
> ; The values used to configure the memory controller
> ; are the ones U-boot uses to setup my system.
> ; Your system may need different ones !!!
> ;
> ; This configuration is not usable for U-boot debugging.
> ; Use it to debug example code loaded into SDRAM.

Correct.  For U-Boot debugging, you will normally remove / comment out
all such config stuff anyway.  Please see the manual.

> I'm hoping for a configuration that can program the flash on a bricked
> board. Then I can flash anything I want without fear of rendering an
> expensive board useless.

If your code is really in SPI flash then you need to be able to
initialize the RAM and load and start U-Boot theree, because the BDI
cannot write SPI flash directly.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Pray: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a
single petitioner confessedly unworthy.              - Ambrose Bierce