[U-Boot] __fsl_ddr_set_lawbar: ERROR (ctrl #0, intrlv=0)

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Jul 26 01:22:49 CEST 2011

On Jul 25, 2011, at 12:57 PM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Dear Kumar Gala,
>
> In message <AA4FD7C8-6BE0-4847-9332-3AD9521C0C65 at kernel.crashing.org> you wrote:
>>
>>> DRAM:  __fsl_ddr_set_lawbar: ERROR (ctrl #0, intrlv=3D0)
>>> 256 MiB (DDR1, 64-bit, CL=3D2, ECC off)
>> On this board what is 'reset' really doing?  I have a theory but would
>> be helpful to understand what's happening.
>
> This is a MPC8555 based board:
>
> 	CPU:   8555E, Version: 1.1, (0x80790011)
> 	Core:  Unknown, Version: 2.0, (0x80200020)
>
> THe do_reset() code is supposed to be the one from
> "arch/powerpc/cpu/mpc85xx/cpu.c"
>
> Side note: rebooting Linux doesn't work either - it just hangs the
> board in Linux v3.0 and any earlier version I can still compile with
> my Fedora15 based host, i.e. down to around 2.6.32 or so.
>
>> Can you also send me the full boot log (i'm looking at another bug that
>> might show up on this board).
>
> Will do as PM.

Do you know if this board has any real reset on a FPGA or CPLD or something like that.

The problem on the 8555/8541 is the reset you are trigger is just a core reset and not one of the full SoC.  If there is a board level means I would suggest trying to utilize it instead.  If not this might be painful & problematic as you'll have to slowly make sure we are 'resetting' each SoC block properly.

- k