[U-Boot] __fsl_ddr_set_lawbar: ERROR (ctrl #0, intrlv=0)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 26 11:23:51 CEST 2011

Dear Kumar Gala,

In message <FC7A4DAE-B05C-49F3-9201-1B5BB559FF47 at kernel.crashing.org> you wrote:

> Do you know if this board has any real reset on a FPGA or CPLD or
> something like that.

There is no such faeature on that board, nor on any of a number of
other 85xx boards I have access to.

> The problem on the 8555/8541 is the reset you are trigger is just a core
> reset and not one of the full SoC.  If there is a board level means I
> would suggest trying to utilize it instead.  If not this might be
> painful & problematic as you'll have to slowly make sure we are
> 'resetting' each SoC block properly.

Is this also the cause why the Linux reboot ommand does not work?

If so, I wonder what has changed, because this used to be working in
older versions of the kernel? I did not attampt a full git bisect,
but from some old images I still found it appears it must have been
broken between 2.6.16 ("reboot" in Linux works fine) and 2.6.27
("reboot" does not work any more) - so probably this was part of the
arch/ppc => arch/powerpc rework.

Is there any specific reason we don't use the good old approach of
triggering an unhandled machine check exception?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Am besten betrachten Sie Fehlermeldungen als eine  Art  Psycho-Test,
mit  dem  herausgefunden  werden soll, wie belastbar Sie sind."
 - Dr. R. Wonneberger, Kompaktführer LaTeX, Kap. 1.6: Fehlermeldungen