[U-Boot] Porting U-boot

hanumant hanumant at codeaurora.org
Tue Nov 1 00:57:57 CET 2011

I am trying to port u-boot to multiple soc/boards from an arm vendor.
I would appreciate any input on the following approach

1)The controller instance on various SOC are the same with minor
differences in the fifo size, gpios, clocks.

2)In order to help the porting effort, my idea is to add soc/board
neutral driver header files under the include/asm/ directory.
Possibly creating a vendor directory under there ie
arch/arm/include/asm/($vendor)/
(Different from the soc specific header files arch-$SOC)

3)Implement driver in respective driver category drivers/<$category>

4)Allow the SOC specific files to define the resources for specific
peripherals based on the header files from 2)

Thanks