[U-Boot] Tegra Patches

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Tue Nov 22 03:13:06 CET 2011

Hi Stephen,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Stephen Warren <swarren at nvidia.com> wrote:
> On 11/21/2011 05:05 PM, Simon Glass wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Stephen Warren <swarren at nvidia.com> wrote:
>>> Is there a status update for the creation of a Tegra git that we could
>>> fetch and branch from ?
>>
>> Well I could put up a tree, but it's a bit dangerous - the real place
>> is patchwork.
>
> I thought there was going to be a u-boot-tegra.git that a Tegra U-boot
> maintainer would put the patches into once reviewed/approved, and then
> send pull requests to Albert, like the other ARM SoCs? That's what I was
> expecting to rebase on top of. Sure some patches will still be waiting
> in patchwork, but the volume would presumably be a lot lower, and
> there'd be fewer conflicts.

Yes and I think Tom volunteered to run that! Once it is up and going
we should be able to find everything we need there.

But until then we need to rely on patchwork and keeping our own tree
locally. My copy of these patches is at
http://git.denx.de/u-boot-simonglass.git (branch us-tegra) but it
includes all my 'patman' junk, and resolution of some patch conflicts,
etc. So really only useful for comparing. I am using it to base
further patches on, of which there are many as you know.

BTW my SPI series didn't really get a lot of comments - are you happy
with the UART switch stuff? It is an incomplete implementation since
the NS16550 buffering patch was NAKed. Mike suggested another option
we could do to get around calling pinmux code in NS16650 and Tegra
SPI, but in any case it might be dead in the water without serial
buffering. I have put it down as something to look at 'later'.

Regards
Simon