[U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Pull request: u-boot-staging

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 23 21:14:29 CET 2011

Dear Andy Fleming,

In message <CAKWjMd5N1ozpR2O4rWCzPpPzjbZL1xAT0sRhoDz61aSzZSXEyw at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> 13) When to use Acked-by: and Cc:
>
> The Signed-off-by: tag indicates that the signer was involved in the
> development of the patch, or that he/she was in the patch's delivery path.
>
> I think that makes the intent of (c) clear.

Yes, but to me "delivery path" means the path from where the patch has
been developed through reviewers, other developers that change/improve
it etc. until it hits it's destination and gets delivered to ...
well, to where?  In our case to that is the mailing list respective
PatchWork.  This is where we deliver our patches to.  The delivery
path ends there.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
C++ was an interesting and valuable experiment, but we've learned its
lessons and it's time to move on.
                            - Peter Curran in <DCqM4z.BxB at isgtec.com>