[U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Pull request: u-boot-staging

Igor Grinberg grinberg at compulab.co.il
Thu Nov 24 07:48:35 CET 2011

On 11/23/11 22:12, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Stefano Babic,

>>> Well, I think yes (c) applies here and if you look into the Linux
>>> git log, you will see that all patches applied by maintainers are
>>> also signed by them.
>>
>> Reading (c), I can interprete as Igor does...
>
> I _can_ interpret that so as well, but does it make sense?
>
> By that logic _all_ commits in the Linux kernel must have the SoB of
> Linus Torvalds.  Do they?

No they should not.
As for my understanding, the delivery path ends with the repository
from which the pull process starts.
That is, the repository that has the *commit id* first set
and then it is not changed, because pull requests keep the
history intact. This is the reason, why Linus Torvalds do not
sign each patch pulled from others with git pull.

--
Regards,
Igor.