[U-Boot] [U-boot] uboot.lst file question

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Mon Jul 15 15:13:56 CEST 2013

Hi TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn,

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:26:31 +0800, <TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn> wrote:

> Hi, experts:
> I found no *.lst file produced in root directory after compiling uboot
> source code.
>
> In the Makefile in older version uboot souce code:
> uboot.bin:	uboot
> 		$(OBJCOPY) ${OBJCFLAGS} -O binary $< $@
> 		$(OBJDUMP) -d -EL -h -M reg-names-raw --syms
> --full-contents -marm $< > uboot.lst
>
> I think uboot.lst is very useful .

Then you should submit a patch for this, I guess. Note however that the
above implementation makes u-boot.lst a by-product of u-boot.bin; a
cleaner approach would be to make u-boot.lst a Make target of it own
-- which would admittedly depend on the 'u-boot' ELF file, like
u-boot.bin does.

> Best wishes,

Amicalement,
--