[U-Boot] U-Boot crashes and keeps rebooting when upgraded DDR to 1GB from 512 MB

KK_82 kshitijmalik1982 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Dec 5 04:41:54 CET 2014

Hi,

I've been facing this issue where u-boot continuously reboots. I'm using
Freescale MPC83XX system and upgraded DDR in my box to 1GB from 512 MB.

U-Boot detects the DDR size as 1GB but while doing data walk on chip select
2 it reboots.

I tried following things but nothing worked:
1. Disabled PCI support to avoid higher memory occupation by PCI driver
2. I disabled chip select data walk code
3. Validated Hardware by running vxworks bootloader on the box
4. Verified all the base address, DDR registers addresses and their values.

Does anybody have faced similar kind of problem? Please share you views.

Thanks & Regards
KK