[U-Boot] Stepping down as sunxi u-boot custodian (for real this time)

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 12:53:13 CET 2016

Hi All,

A while back I wrote:

"Between my $dayjob, linux-sunxi, other foss projects and last but
not least spending time with my wife and children I'm way too
busy lately.

So I've decided to seriously scale back my involvement in
linux-sunxi, as such I'm going to step down as u-boot sunxi
custodian."

After that I did get some breathing room, and kept doing
sunxi u-boot maintenance until now, but this still feels
too much like a job rather then a hobby. The problem is
that I don't want to think during the weekend:
"Oh !@#$ I still need to prep a u-boot sunxi pull-req"

This is nothing against the u-boot community, I think
you're all great and I still love thinkering with this
kind of stuff, but when a hobby starts feeling as a chore
something is wrong.

So after this mail I'm going to send a mail updating
the MAINTAINERS status of sunxi to orphan and I will also
unsubscribe myself from the u-boot list to protect myself
against getting dragged in again.

I do expect (after taking a break for a couple of weeks)
that I will likely submit the occasional patch, but at
this point in time I do not want any maintainer
responsibilities.

Yesterday and today I've gone over my pending patches
queue, reviewed then all and I've merged all the ones
which looked good into u-boot-sunxi/next, so that
should be a good starting point for the next
maintainer.

Jagan (in the Cc) has indicated in the past that he is
interested in taking over as sunxi custodian, Jagan already
is the SPI custodian, so I believe that he will do well.

So Jagan, if you still want the job, go for it.

Regards,

Hans