[U-Boot] Stepping down as sunxi u-boot custodian (for real this time)

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Nov 14 13:08:41 CET 2016

Hi Hans,

On 14.11.2016 12:53, Hans de Goede wrote:
> A while back I wrote:
>
> "Between my $dayjob, linux-sunxi, other foss projects and last but
> not least spending time with my wife and children I'm way too
> busy lately.
>
> So I've decided to seriously scale back my involvement in
> linux-sunxi, as such I'm going to step down as u-boot sunxi
> custodian."
>
> After that I did get some breathing room, and kept doing
> sunxi u-boot maintenance until now, but this still feels
> too much like a job rather then a hobby. The problem is
> that I don't want to think during the weekend:
> "Oh !@#$ I still need to prep a u-boot sunxi pull-req"
>
> This is nothing against the u-boot community, I think
> you're all great and I still love thinkering with this
> kind of stuff, but when a hobby starts feeling as a chore
> something is wrong.
>
> So after this mail I'm going to send a mail updating
> the MAINTAINERS status of sunxi to orphan and I will also
> unsubscribe myself from the u-boot list to protect myself
> against getting dragged in again.

This is very sad and unfortunate for the U-Boot community. I'm really
sorry to hear this. But I can fully understand you and totally
respect your decision.

I would like to thank you for all your input and hard work that
you've done for this project in the last years. Your comments
have always been very productive and your dedicated involvement
has taken the sunxi U-Boot support to the next level and also
improved U-Boot in general.

Thanks again,
Stefan