[U-Boot] Stepping down as sunxi u-boot custodian (for real this time)

Maxime Ripard maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com
Thu Nov 17 23:18:43 CET 2016

Hi Hans,

On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 12:53:13PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A while back I wrote:
>
> "Between my $dayjob, linux-sunxi, other foss projects and last but
> not least spending time with my wife and children I'm way too
> busy lately.
>
> So I've decided to seriously scale back my involvement in
> linux-sunxi, as such I'm going to step down as u-boot sunxi
> custodian."
>
> After that I did get some breathing room, and kept doing
> sunxi u-boot maintenance until now, but this still feels
> too much like a job rather then a hobby. The problem is
> that I don't want to think during the weekend:
> "Oh !@#$ I still need to prep a u-boot sunxi pull-req"
>
> This is nothing against the u-boot community, I think
> you're all great and I still love thinkering with this
> kind of stuff, but when a hobby starts feeling as a chore
> something is wrong.
>
> So after this mail I'm going to send a mail updating
> the MAINTAINERS status of sunxi to orphan and I will also
> unsubscribe myself from the u-boot list to protect myself
> against getting dragged in again.
>
> I do expect (after taking a break for a couple of weeks)
> that I will likely submit the occasional patch, but at
> this point in time I do not want any maintainer
> responsibilities.
>
> Yesterday and today I've gone over my pending patches
> queue, reviewed then all and I've merged all the ones
> which looked good into u-boot-sunxi/next, so that
> should be a good starting point for the next
> maintainer.

Thanks a lot for the great work you did over those years :)

> Jagan (in the Cc) has indicated in the past that he is
> interested in taking over as sunxi custodian, Jagan already
> is the SPI custodian, so I believe that he will do well.
>
> So Jagan, if you still want the job, go for it.

As I said before, I can help whoever is willing to take over by
becoming co-maintainer for some time, in order to make the transition
as smooth as possible.

Jagan, are you still willing to do this?

Maxime

--
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering