[U-Boot] Stepping down as sunxi u-boot custodian (for real this time)

Jagan Teki jagan at openedev.com
Fri Nov 18 14:02:02 CET 2016

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 3:48 AM, Maxime Ripard
<maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com> wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 12:53:13PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> A while back I wrote:
>>
>> "Between my $dayjob, linux-sunxi, other foss projects and last but
>> not least spending time with my wife and children I'm way too
>> busy lately.
>>
>> So I've decided to seriously scale back my involvement in
>> linux-sunxi, as such I'm going to step down as u-boot sunxi
>> custodian."

Hans, thanks for all your great work.

>> After that I did get some breathing room, and kept doing
>> sunxi u-boot maintenance until now, but this still feels
>> too much like a job rather then a hobby. The problem is
>> that I don't want to think during the weekend:
>> "Oh !@#$ I still need to prep a u-boot sunxi pull-req"
>>
>> This is nothing against the u-boot community, I think
>> you're all great and I still love thinkering with this
>> kind of stuff, but when a hobby starts feeling as a chore
>> something is wrong.
>>
>> So after this mail I'm going to send a mail updating
>> the MAINTAINERS status of sunxi to orphan and I will also
>> unsubscribe myself from the u-boot list to protect myself
>> against getting dragged in again.
>>
>> I do expect (after taking a break for a couple of weeks)
>> that I will likely submit the occasional patch, but at
>> this point in time I do not want any maintainer
>> responsibilities.
>>
>> Yesterday and today I've gone over my pending patches
>> queue, reviewed then all and I've merged all the ones
>> which looked good into u-boot-sunxi/next, so that
>> should be a good starting point for the next
>> maintainer.
>
> Thanks a lot for the great work you did over those years :)
>
>> Jagan (in the Cc) has indicated in the past that he is
>> interested in taking over as sunxi custodian, Jagan already
>> is the SPI custodian, so I believe that he will do well.
>>
>> So Jagan, if you still want the job, go for it.

OK, Hans thanks for believing my work - will try my best.

> As I said before, I can help whoever is willing to take over by
> becoming co-maintainer for some time, in order to make the transition
> as smooth as possible.
>
> Jagan, are you still willing to do this?

Yes, Maxime I will do this, please help me for initial transition and
technical details if any.
Can I get any board sample from any all-winner or related communities?

thanks!
--
Jagan Teki
Free Software Engineer | www.openedev.com