No subject

Tue Nov 20 06:52:44 CET 2007

course you can use the standard kenrel.org tree with the ELDK - like
any other Linux kernel tree as well.

> I don't know whether there is difference between them, or whether ELDK
> adds something to its source package.
> thank you.

The ELDK uses the DENX maintained Linux kernel tree, see
http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-2.6-denx.git;a=summary

This has a couple of extensions, bug fixes  and  support  for  boards
that is not available in the kernel.org tree. We try hard to push our
additions  upstream,  but  this takes time and resources, and in some
cases it doesn;t work at all (for example, because new board  support
for  the  arch/ppc  tree isn't accepted any more in the public kernel
tree).

So depending on which board you have, the kernel.org tree may or  may
not work for you.

Also, referring to "latest version" - the DENX kernel tree is at
version 2.6.23.1 now. This is pretty current - I doubt you find many
vendors of embedded distros which provide more recent versions.

> ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C82D63.ABE171B0

Please don't post HTML here. HTML is forbidden on this list.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft ...  and  the
only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.
                                                 -- Wernher von Braun