[ELDK] Canyonlands AMCC 460EPX issues with VGA ATI Rage 128 VR

nguyen tritai nguyentritai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 12:07:57 CEST 2008

Hi folks,

I'm trying to use an ATI VGA card for video booting Canyonlands AMCC 460EPX
board.

I pacthed x86 emulator codes from Scitechsoft to initialize ATI BIOS ( I
succeeded in doing that with Sequoia AMCC 440EPX before)
but the kernel crashes and reboots after loading.

I think that it's the issue from architecture of canyonlands. Canyonlands
resources is 64 bit whereas  ATI Rage 128 is 32 bit and the code x86emulator
is for 32 bit.
Debugging the problem, it comes from the ioremap :

    if ((BIOSImagePhys = PCI_findBIOSAddr(pcidev,&BIOSImageBAR)) == 0)
        return NULL;
    if ((BIOSImage = ioremap(BIOSImagePhys,MAX_BIOSLEN)) == NULL)
        return NULL;

Did anyone see this problem before ?
I wonder if I can configure canyonlands board to use 32 bit resources or
not?

Please help me.

Thanks and best regards,

TaiNguyen