[ELDK] Kill strange behaviour in a script

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 4 22:40:35 CEST 2008

In message <48973B9D.25371.1EE4F55 at g.modugno.elettronika.it> you wrote:

> I have two shell scripts, example.sh and flash.sh:
> What happens? I tried both the scripts in Ubuntu on my PC and they
> works as expected.

Keep in mind that the busybox shell is very small compared against for
example bash. You pay for this advantage in terms of memory footprint
with a lot of restrictions, especially in the fancier areas of shell
programming like support for functions, aliases, signal handling, etc.

If you want to do fancy shell stuff, the use a real shell. Yes,  bash
*is*  ten times as big as any of the Busybox shells, but you've asked
for all these features :-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Testing can show the presense of bugs, but not their absence.
                                                   -- Edsger Dijkstra