[ELDK] USB on Kilauea

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 13 23:51:40 CEST 2008

Dear Dave,

In message <B7BC4CB64CA090478F283BA58929273737ECC5 at abtg-mail.ambientcorp.com> you wrote:

> Do you happen to remember how you physically connected the device?   The
> Kilauea board only comes with a "Micro-B-male->Type-A-male" connecter,
> so you need a gender changer to connect most devices.   We didn't have
> one, so we just built an adapter that has 2 female connectors each
> connecting to the matching pin on the other.  This is really a question
> for AMCC, but I thought you might know.

Ah! You definitely do need the correct adapter. I don't have physical
access to the board at the moment, so I cannot check, but be  careful
-  there  are  4-pin  and  5-pin adapters, with internal pull-ups (or
-downs?) to switch the line drivers, and such trickery.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Let's say the docs present a simplified view of reality...    :-)
                      - Larry Wall in  <6940 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV>