[ELDK] TUN/TAP kernel driver in Linux 2.6.13 of ELDK-4.1

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 22 00:54:41 CEST 2008

Dear linuxdemo,

it would be nice if you chose to use a real name ...

In message <23188597.522881219310087382.JavaMail.coremail at bj126app28.126.com> you wrote:

>  when I using the TUN/TAP driver (compiled into the kernel) with the 2.6.13 kernel of Eldk-4.1, then I add device file as lists:

This statement does not make sense to me. ELDK 4.1 is  not  based  on
such an old kernel version as 2.6.13; ELDK 4.1 is based on a 2.6.19.2
Linux kernel tree.

>     #mknod /dev/net/tun c 10 200
>      #mknod /dev/tap0 c 3616
>     I seems broken to me..
>
>     when I bring up tun0/tap0 interface,I met two errors as lists:
>     # ifconfig tun0 tun0: error fetching interface information: Device not found (As with any interface that's not recognized by ifconfig..)
>     # cat /dev/net/tun cat: File descriptor in bad state
>     can you tell me why? Thanks!!

Well, we do not know where you got that old kernel from, nor how  you
configured  it, nor what sort of hardware you are using it on - given
zero information, we cannot help you.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If the odds are a million to one against something occuring,  chances
are 50-50 it will.