[ELDK] mtd query

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 26 12:45:41 CEST 2008

Dear "novice 123",

It would be really nice if you used your real name when posting...

In message <71156ba70808260246j1b5bb1cejb4037a350ed96cf9 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am using a incaip board. I have partitioned the flash into 7 sections .
> The information about 7 partitions is clearly shown during the phone boot
> process as follows
>
> Creating 7 MTD partitions on "INCA-IP Bank 0":
> 0x00000000-0x00030000 : "U-Boot"
> 0x00030000-0x00040000 : "Environment"
> 0x00040000-0x00110000 : "Linux"
> 0x00110000-0x00120000 : "new software1"
> 0x00120000-0x00410000 : "rootfs"
> 0x00410000-0x007e0000 : "Linux 2"
> 0x007e0000-0x007f0000 : "new software2"

Hm... maybe you could include a bit more of he boot log, for example,
it would have been useful  to  read  theother  messages  of  the  MTD
drivers  that  preceeded  these  lines, and there might have been any
error messages following these lines?

> on to it.Whenever I had to make any modifications , I had modified the
> incaip file in drivers/mtd/maps/

Why don't you use command line partitioning and the mtdparts  command
in  U-Boot?  This  is more flexible as you don't have to rebuild your
linux kernel just to change the partition map...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to  do  a  thing
and to watch someone else doing it wrong, without commenting.
                                                        -- T.H. White