[ELDK] Using recent ELDK toolchain with older ELDK runtime environment

Matthias Fuchs matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com
Fri Dec 5 17:15:07 CET 2008

Hi,

is it possible to use a recent ELDK toolchain to build applications
that run on targets that are based on an older ELDK.

So let's say the target still uses a libc 2.2.5 (coming from the early ELDK
times) and I want to use ELDK 4.2 to build an application for this target.

I played around with some compiler/linker options like -nostdlib and -nostdinc,
but with no success. Well, static linking works - but that's not what I want.

In the meantime I think this is not possible, but perhaps someone can give me a hint ;-)

Matthias