[ELDK] NEW ELDK arm-linux-ldd?

udmd-eric wann udmderic at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 07:14:51 CET 2008

Dear Sir:

         We are trying to use ELDK 4.2 for ARM to build some project.

         First, we trying to make project "mtd-utils".

         We edit the Makefile in order to make successful:

         SBINDIR=/usr/sbin
            MANDIR=/usr/share/man
            INCLUDEDIR=/usr/include
            CROSS=arm-linux-
            CC := $(CROSS)gcc
            CFLAGS ?= -O2 -g
            CFLAGS += -Wall
            CPPFLAGS += -I./include

         ifeq ($(origin CROSS),undefined)
          BUILDDIR := .
            else
            # Remove the trailing slash to make the directory name
          #BUILDDIR := $(CROSS:-=)
          BUILDDIR := .
            endif

            Ok, we can build many mtd tools now, like nanddump and nandwrite.
            Now we want to know which dynamic library nanddump will use, so we
            type arm-linux-ldd and we get some error message:

            $arm-linux-ldd nanddump

            CROSS_COMPILE variable is not set or invalid

            What should we do in next step? Thanks for your kind help.

            Best Regards

            Eric Wann