[ELDK] NEW ELDK4.2 for arm warning message?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 25 18:13:33 CET 2008

Dear "udmd-eric wann",

In message <46361d9e0812242211g16bfed2fsce84253a62e6a07a at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>       To build u-boot is fine, however, we always get the warning message
>         "warning: target CPU does not support interworking".
>       If we use ourself toolchain, we will not see the warning message.

You must be using an old (obsolete) version of U-Boot. This specific
issue has been fixed in the current code:

	commit 0e0c862efe7279e9609db74d758cd1b84c6c7209
	Author: Sergei Poselenov <sposelenov at emcraft.com>
	Date:   Fri Sep 19 12:07:34 2008 +0200

	    Remove compiler warning: target CPU does not support interworking

	    This warning is issued by modern ARM-EABI GCC on non-thumb
	targets.

	    Signed-off-by: Vladimir Panfilov <pvr at emcraft.com>
	    Signed-off-by: Sergei Poselenov <sposelenov at emcraft.com>

>       Could we safe ignore the warning message?

No, you should fix it.

Probably you just want to update your U-Boot source code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Pardon me for breathing, which I never do anyway so I don't know why
I bother to say it, oh God, I'm so depressed. Here's another of those
self-satisfied doors. Life! Don't talk to me about life."
                                        - Marvin the Paranoid Android