[ELDK] Multiple targets and uclibc

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 19 13:49:40 CET 2008

Dear Matthias,

in message <200802191255.14831.matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com> you wrote:

> in the past I kept ELDK support for multiple architectures in a single
> installation directory:
>
> <ppc-linux-x86/distribution>/install -d /opt/eldk_410 ppc_4xx ppc_4xxFP

This is possible for all architectures that use the same build
environment; you can even install ARM and MIPS (le + be) in that
directory.

> I could also install the arm stuff in the same directory:
>
> <arm-linux-x86/distribution>/install -d /opt/eldk_410 arm

Yes, this is as it should be.

> I there a simple way to do the same for the uclibc variants?

No, unfortunately this is not possible. The same happens again for the
ppc64 version of the ELDK. It uses a different environment and must be
installed separately.

> I seems that a separate installation directory is needed, let's say:

Indeed, and there is no way around this.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I have a very small mind and must live with it.    -- Edsger Dijkstra