[ELDK] Compiler Configuration

Rutherdale, Will Will.Rutherdale at sciatl.com
Tue Jan 22 21:56:10 CET 2008

Hi.

I have a question regarding installing and using the  ELDK 4.1 cross
compiler.

After you run 'install' from the .iso image, you end up with a directory
structure that is different from the standard gcc installation.  For
typical gcc use, I expect to find subdirectories 'bin', 'include',
'lib', and 'libexec' all visible under a single directory location.
With 'install' for the standard glibc setup, I've had to map these as
follows using symlinks:

  bin -> /opt/tools/eldk4.1_glibc/usr/bin
  include -> /opt/tools/eldk4.1_glibc/ppc_4xxFP/usr/include
  lib -> /opt/tools/eldk4.1_glibc/ppc_4xxFP/lib
  libexec -> /opt/tools/eldk4.1_glibc/ppc_4xxFP/usr/libexec

where /opt/tools/eldk4.1_glibc/ was the target directory (-d arg) of the
'install' operation.

Is there a simpler way to set this up that I may have overlooked?  Is
this usage sound?

-Will

     - - - - - Appended by Scientific Atlanta, a Cisco company - - - - -
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is confidential,
proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely
intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible for delivering it to
the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are
not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any
part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.