[ELDK] Ubuntu 8.04 and ELDK 4.1

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Jul 4 10:04:09 CEST 2008

Hi Bruce,

> Ubuntu 8.04
> Linux main 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Wed Jun 18 14:43:41 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> rpm-4.4.2-46.i386.rpm         copied from ELDKv4.2 to ELDKv4.0 directory
> rpm-build-4.4.2-46.i386.rpm   copied from ELDKv4.2 to ELDKv4.0 directory
> rpm-devel-4.4.2-46.i386.rpm   copied from ELDKv4.2 to ELDKv4.0 directory
> fixed 2 lines in the etc/rpm_cross.list file to reflect new versions
>
> Install completed correctly, did not hang rpm'ing pam, moditils, or gawk.

Ok.  But I have to admit that I still don't oversee the consequences on
for example the rpm database and its interaction with the older rpm
packages.

Please keep in mind that you now have a "non-standard" installation and
if any problems pop up, be sure to remind us about that fact ;)

Cheers
  Detlev

--
"Oh, didn't you know, the Lord did the original programming of the universe in
COBOL." - "That's why the world is the evil work of Satan. A true divine being