[ELDK] Ubuntu 8.04 and ELDK 4.1

Stefano Babic stefano.babic at babic.homelinux.org
Fri Jul 4 10:49:52 CEST 2008

Detlev Zundel wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> Ok.  But I have to admit that I still don't oversee the consequences on
> for example the rpm database and its interaction with the older rpm
> packages.

Yes, agree, but this is not different as the case when the rpm tool is
updated on a Linux distro. The newer rpm version must handle the
database generated by the former, or the user must re-install the whole
system ;)

In our case, the database itself is generated with the newer version, so
*probably* we do not have some issues of this type.

Of course, I agree the problem is related to both kernel and rpm (not
only rpm) and this solution seems solving the problem without telling us
the cause.

Stefano

--
stefano <stefano.babic at babic.homelinux.org>