[ELDK] Ubuntu 8.04 and ELDK 4.1

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Jul 3 18:50:30 CEST 2008

Hi Scott,

> I was able to install by moving to an earlier kernel (the one that
> initially ships with 8.04). Since I had just installed a fresh copy of
> 8.04, I delayed updating any part of the OS until ELDK was installed.

Ok thanks, this confirms my suspicions.  Somehow rpm really stresses the
futex calls.  This may easily lead to seemingly non-deterministic
behaviour as futexes should only be trouble makers under contention.  If
I am not mistaken, this is very hard to predict...

Cheers
  Detlev

--
A GNU manual  should give a  good introduction to a beginner reading
through from the start, and should also provide all the details that