[ELDK] problem using nfs root in AMCC 405Ex dev. board Kilauea

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 16 22:44:30 CEST 2008

In message <39c0b5ca0807160943o46440dc1p976f6323c841d761 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>         Every things seems to work OK using the stocked CD Linux kernel
> stuff except:
>             1. Can't get NFS root filesystem to work; although I can get nfs
> file system mounted once the board booted locally.

What are the exact error messages you get?

Did you make sure to read the Manual and folow all steps to the
letter, including running the "ELDK_MAKEDEV" and "ELDK_FIXOWNER"
scripts?

>             2. Notice some "install" error messages when installing DENX
> eldk tools; but have been able to build "hello world" app
>                  and run on target thru NFS file system mounted.

What were the exact error messages you got?

>         Does anybody else have the nfs root filesystem working ?; I double
> checked all the UBOOT environment variables; all OK
>
>         Any suggestions ?

It would definitely help if you couldbe a bit more specific than just
mentioning that there were "some error messages".

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I can't understand it. I can't even understand  the  people  who  can
understand it.                    - Queen Juliana of the Netherlands.