[ELDK] MPC8270 board with 512MB

Kai Keng ikengkai at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 23:16:58 CEST 2008

Hi,
I has a MPC8270 embedded board with 8 MT48LC64M8A2 chips (equal to 512MB
SDRAM). The board currently running with Uboot 1.1.3, and currently Uboot
only initialize 256MB SDRAM, it work fine so far.
I want to enable it to maximize the SDRAM on board to 512MB, the problem I
face is after configurate the PSDMR, OR, BR, it just hang at relocate_code()
where due to the MMU init config incorrect. Tried porting the 256MB version
uboot source code, I just make change to the require OR and PSDMR fields
like SDAM, ROWST, BSMA, SDA10 only, other value like CL, PRETOACT left
unchanged. Uboot boot until relocate_code() and then halted and I don't know
what to do next time.

Had counter check on the register values and recalculate the SDAM, ROWST,
BSMA, SDA10 and everything is correct, any idea what could I do next? The 8
SDRAM chips all connect to 1 CS# signal only. Is MPC8270 MMU support
addressing 512MB on single CS# channel?

thank. KK.