[ELDK] target mpcbdm in ELDK 4.2

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Jun 30 12:15:20 CEST 2008

Hi Vladimir,

> Dear all.
> When I use target mpcbdm in gdb, then I receive:
> bdm_ppc_fetch_registers (regno=138850552) at ../../gdb/mpcbdm.c:2440
> 2440           val = ppc_read_bdm_register(bdm_regmap[i]);
>
> In file mpcbdm.c
> mpcbdm_ops.to_fetch_registers = bdm_ppc_fetch_registers;
>
> In other source files (target.h)
> void ( *to_fetch_registers) (struct regcache *,int);
>
> The parameters of function are different.
> How to improve this and related functions

Actually mpcbdm did not have many users and or testers in the last
time.  If there are problems, you are welcome to download the ELDK
source RPM for gdb.  There is a patch "gdb-6.7-mpcbdm-2.0.patch"
containing the mpcbdm interface.  Then you can build and fix the
problems according to the DULG[1] (this is an eldt package).

A patch fixing this problem is of course welcome.

Thanks
  Detlev

[1] http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKRebuildingComponents#Section_3.7.3.

--
Question    : If you were redesigning UNIX, what would you do differently?
Ken Thompson: I'd spell creat with an e.