[ELDK] Want to build a ebc.ko object

Price, John @ SDS john.p.price at l-3com.com
Thu Mar 20 21:21:00 CET 2008

Thank you for responding.

>What exactly is it what you want?

I have the Kilauea evaluation board with the following pieces of
software, u-boot.bin, env.bin, Kilauea.flashfs, ramdisk.imp, and
kernel.img.

I am most interested in being able to create from source code the uImage
file (or if you like the kernel.img).  What I do not understand is which
target packages are used to build uImage, lets say
uImage-2.6.25-rc-01207-g66b3fa2.

Should I just perform the following command?

git clone http://www.denx.de/git/linuxppc_2_6_denx.git linuxppc_2_6_denx

Then follow the DULG manual, section 6.2 instructions to build the
kernel?

>I'm pretty certain that you do *not* want to rebuild  the  ELDK  from
>scratch.  It may  be a very educational procedure, but it is a time-
>consuming process and usually considered a major PITA.

It was not my first choice. The git for the tarballs has been running
all day so far.

I am currently using fedora core 6 as my build host.

Regards,

---
John Price  <john.p.price at l-3com.com> 781-970-1743
L-3 Communications