[ELDK] ELDK3.1 and ELDK4.1

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 24 21:33:29 CET 2008

In message <NEBBJKCAKMFOJNNCALDHGEICCPAA.ts.guan at venture.com.sg> you wrote:

> Currently I anm tring to port my application code to ELDK4.1 from ELDK3.1.
> My application is working fine on ELDK3.1, but it can not work on ELDK4.1. I
> used a lot of math functions in my application and I only include math
> libary during code compilation. I am not sure the real reason, Who know what
> are major differences between ELDK3.1 and ELDK4.1 and how to change  compile
> options.

The major change is obviously in the versions of the used components:

* ELDK 3.1 is based on gcc version 3.3.3 and libc version 2.3.1
* ELDK 4.1 is based on gcc version 4.0.0 and libc version 2.3.5
  and for completeness:
* ELDK 4.2 is based on gcc version 4.2.2 and libc version 2.6

But that should not affect application code, assuming it was
implemented in a standard conforming way.

No changes of compile options are necessary.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Nothing ever becomes real until it is experienced.       - John Keats