[ELDK] Missing declaration in linux-2.6.24/arch/powerpc/boot/ops.h

James Black jblack547 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 13:35:28 CET 2008

I was building pq2fads.
I copied the linux kernel to my home directory from the eldk location.
Then issued the following commands from the new directory
(linux-2.6.24). I assume it is 2.6.24.2 since that is the version that
shows up in the .config.

source /opt/eldk/4.2/eldk_init ppx_6xx
ARCH=powerpc                                   <--- I'm building the
kernel rather than u-boot.
make pq2fads_defconfig
make

This was all done with a clean install---nothing had been built
before. I must have used the eldk freescale iso since I don't have any
of the 4xx stuff in the eldk. I just checked the ops.h file on another
computer where I installed the eldk 4.2 and the declaration for
'__ilog2_u32' is missing there too. We setup a build server so I can
check there also if need be.

Jim Black