[ELDK] Missing declaration in linux-2.6.24/arch/powerpc/boot/ops.h

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 25 15:20:23 CET 2008

In message <b77025b40803250535g20b690dcu4df033b3fa5fd006 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> I was building pq2fads.
> I copied the linux kernel to my home directory from the eldk location.
> Then issued the following commands from the new directory
> (linux-2.6.24). I assume it is 2.6.24.2 since that is the version that
> shows up in the .config.
>
> source /opt/eldk/4.2/eldk_init ppx_6xx
> ARCH=powerpc                                   <--- I'm building the

Did you "export ARCH" ?

> kernel rather than u-boot.
> make pq2fads_defconfig
> make

> > > arch/powerpc/boot/cuboot-pq2.c: In function 'fixup_pci':
> > > arch/powerpc/boot/cuboot-pq2.c:204: warning: implicit declaration of
> > > function '__ilog2_u32'
> > >
> > > The arch/powerpc/boot/ops.h file should have __ilog2_u32 declared at
> > > the bottom of the file.

OK - but thi does not porevent the build from completing, right? At
least I get a uImage file that looks reasonable to me (although I
cannot test it as we don't have a  pq2fads board).

> > Hm... all of the supported board configs build fine?

We don't provide explicit support for the pq2fads -  that's  part  of
the  standard kernel.org tree. You should post pq2fads related issues
on the PPC mailing list.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Many companies that have made themselves dependent on [the  equipment
of  a  certain  major  manufacturer] (and in doing so have sold their
soul to the devil) will collapse under the sheer weight  of  the  un-
mastered complexity of their data processing systems.
          -- Edsger W. Dijkstra, SIGPLAN Notices, Volume 17, Number 5