[ELDK] Missing declaration in linux-2.6.24/arch/powerpc/boot/ops.h

James Black jblack547 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 16:28:53 CET 2008

I guess I'm not making myself clear. The ops.h in the kernel that
comes with eldk4.2-rc1 is the wrong file for linux-2.6.24.2. The
kernel.org 2.6.24.2 has the correct file. The missing part in the
eldk4.2-rc1 is the
__ilog2_u32 declaration at the end of the file. The build does
complete and there is a uImage. But, I have been having problems
getting the eldk4.2-rc1 2.6.24 kernel to boot with a device tree
(muram in device tree for mpc8250 in arch/powerpc) thread on
Linuxppc-embedded mailing list. The 2.6.19.2 kernel boots fine on our
hardware but the 2.6.24 does not. The pq2fads was just a starting
point for my efforts and we ran accross this problem I am telling you
about on the way. There are others :-) I'm getting through.

Thought I'd let you know about the ops.h file problem in the eldk4.2-rc1.

Jim Black