[ELDK] newbie autoconf on ELDK 4.1

orlan at hyperautomation.com orlan at hyperautomation.com
Fri May 16 15:54:43 CEST 2008

All,
  Hello.  It was very difficult to find this list, but finally I'm here!

  I'm (ELDK newbie) trying to use ELDK 4.1 on my x86 laptop to target a 440EPx 'Sequoia' eval kit.  I've read as much as I can find, including the Wiki page '3.5 Working with ELDK' that covers exporting CROSS_COMPILE and setting the PATH.  This probably works exactly as advertised, but I need to first build a GNU project (GLPK) before I can compile and link my own code to it.
  The problem is that I can't figure out how to start that project's (GLPK) './configure' for cross-compile in my situation.  I've been trying --host=powerpc-linux-gnu, but I think perhaps I should be using --target=<something here>.  If I don't pass ask configure for cross-compile, all of the code successfully builds and runs native x86 linux as expected.  I just can't get the cross-compile correct.  Also, is there any difference in using ppc_4xxFP (which implies -mcpu=405fp) and explicitly using -mcpu=440fp?
  Can someone suggest a link to read, or perhaps give me some pointer to get me started?  My EDLK install is exactly matching the instructions for the .ISO image.  Once I learn how to get it to setup for cross-compile, I'm off to the races!

Thanx,
cosmo