[ELDK] ELDK 4.1 ppc_4xx on Centos 5.1

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 27 10:49:17 CEST 2008

Dear Dinesh,

in message <2c0f0b930805262149n3e58da78hc0dc45ef3e56c889 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Iam working on ELDK 4.1  ppc_4xx with host  CentOs 5.1
>
>  While rebuilding ELDK Packages  cross packages mkcramfs , etc
> Getting build error
> mkcramfs.c: In function 'fix_inode':
> mkcramfs.c:312: error: 'u32' undeclared (first use in this function)

Please submit a patch when you fix the problem. Thanks in advance.

>     I have  rebuilding ELDK Packages  on Fedora 8  and  install them on
> Fedora 2

This makes no sense. For compatibility, you must always use the oldest
system to build. for example, we use RedHat-7.3 for the production
builds of ELDK to make sure it can be installed and run on a wide
range of Linux distros, including older releases.

If you use a F8 build hast, you will probably be able to run on F8 and
_later_ versions only.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Real programmers don't comment their code. It was hard to  write,  it
should be hard to understand.