[ELDK] Problem with ping, telnet and ftp

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 8 20:13:19 CEST 2008

Dear Ana,

In message <48ECF1B4.6080709 at babic.homelinux.org> Stefano Babic wrote:

> > 1.1.1- Ping from my board using interface names (NOK)
> > >
> > /root # ping localhost
> > ping: localhost: Unknown server error
> > /root # ping OLT7
> > ping: OLT7: Unknown server error
>
> Try with strace to check why ping returns an error.
> Do you have put /etc/protocols and /etc/nsswitch.conf on your target ?

...and check that you have the necessary libnss_* libraries installed;
you will need at least libnss_compat and libnss_files, I think.

> It seems inetd does not run. Do you see inetd with ps ?

... or xinetd ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Where shall I begin, please your Majesty?" he asked. "Begin  at  the
beginning,"  the  King said, gravely, "and go on till you come to the
end: then stop."    - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll