[ELDK] SPI Programming and DTS Info

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 16 20:44:19 CEST 2008

Dear "Jason Hanna",

In message <8f9e78f00810161055q1baaf30bhe4409d4a1513b34a at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> I'll answer one of my own questions...but if others have additional
> suggestions on this topic I'd love to hear them.

It's always worth to read the DULG - and if it's only the "Books,
Mailing Lists, Links, etc." section :-)

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Jason Hanna
> <jason.m.hanna.at.coincident at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2.) Where do I go to begin learning more about how the kernel uses the
> > device tree? I see Josh Boyer annotated the SPI device in the
> > yosemite.dts source (DENX git repository) and I'd like to better
> > understand how the kernel (and U-boot) utilize the DTS/DTB. I've read
> > the description in the DULG documentation but want to know more.
> >

> Found some good information in:
> <kernel-source>/Documentation/powerpc/booting-without-of.txt
>
> Other recommendations?

A must: the "Power.org Standard for Embedded Power Architecture#
Platform Requirements" (ePAPR):
http://www.power.org/resources/downloads/Power_ePAPR_APPROVED_v1.0.pdf

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"It is better for civilization to be going down the drain than to  be
coming up it."                                          - Henry Allen