[ELDK] pcap library and tcpdump in ELDK

Dave Rensberger David.Rensberger at ambientcorp.com
Mon Oct 20 22:02:18 CEST 2008

Thanks... I was able to get the source tarball to build.   I was hoping
that I could get the SRPM to work without modifying it, but it sounds
like that may not work in this case.

As an aside, do you know why the "configure" script makes me put the
name of the target after --host (this seems backward to me... my target
is "ppc linux", while my host is "x86 linux").

I find the "configure" scripts often make cross-compilation difficult...
I've personally never seen much value in them, as it seems like they
usually serve little purpose (other than making a build process more
complicated than it needs to be).  I must be oblivious to some of their
virtues, though, since they continue to be quite popular.

--Dave