[ELDK] pcap library and tcpdump in ELDK

stefano babic stefano.babic at babic.homelinux.org
Thu Oct 30 10:05:58 CET 2008

Dave Rensberger wrote:

>  %build
>  pushd %tcpslice_dir
>  #%configure
>  ac_cv_linux_vers=2

I think this does not work. You must probably insert ac_cv_linux_vers=2
in a config.cache file if you run the %configure rpm macro.
However, you can run directly the configure script in this way:

%build
ac_cv_linux_vers=2 ./configure --host=$RPM_ARCH-linux --build=%{_host} \
 --with-pcap=linux

However, I am missing why you need to generate the rpm if everything you
want is to get libpcap/tcpdump running on your system. You can
cross-compile them directly from sources (that is, tarballs) and copy
them on your root file system. This is a straightforward approach if you
do not want to create your own distribution.

Best regards,
Stefano

--
stefano <stefano.babic at babic.homelinux.org>