[ELDK] Changing kernel in ELDK-4.2

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 09:37:19 CEST 2008

Hello,

Being a newbie to ELDK, sorry for some basic questions.

I am evaluating ELDK for powerPC mpc8323 rdb board and picked a version 4.2

Now I am trying to figure out how to put my own kernel  (2.6.24 + RT-patch +
more patches).
Most probably, I need to rebuild all from scratch.

I attempted to follow the procedure in
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKRebuilding
where
git clone git://git.denx.de/eldk/build.git build
and other git commands failed with connect () timeout in strace

Download of the snapshot for the "build" repo and git clone to the above
URL-http:// schema works, but looks to be less
reliable for "tarballs" and "SRPS" repos

What are my steps to re-build ELDK-4.2 with my custom kernel?

Any tips, guidelines will be appreciated, thanks.

--
Truly,
Robert