[ELDK] ELDK 4.2 with Kernel 2.4.25 (ppc_8xx)

heiko.bertram at arcor.de heiko.bertram at arcor.de
Fri Sep 12 09:55:11 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I tried to update my environment from ELDK 3.1 to ELDK 4.2:

I made the properitary Software to compile with gcc 4.2.2.
I made my kernel-tree (Vers 2.4.25 - based on ELDK 3.1) to compile with gcc 4.2.2
On the target, I replaced the libs and binaries I got from ELDK 3.1 with them provided by ELDK 4.2

When starting this system I get:
FATAL: Kernel too old

With some googleing I found out that this is a linuxthreads/NPTL issue.
It seems, that the libc from ELDK 4.2 doesn't support linuxthreads, only NPTL.
Is there any way to configure this or do I have to rebuild the crosstool package ?
In short: What can I do to use a 2.4.x Kernel with ELDK 4.2? - I don't want update to 2.6 (yet).

Thanks for any hints,
Heiko