[ELDK] PCI post boot scan

ayoub zaki ayoub_zaki at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 15 16:47:57 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm working on a mpc8572ds based board from freescale.

I have an onboard FPGA (PCI express) that I want to configure from a userspace application with the corresponding "firmware".

Only after a configuration that the FPGA shows its PCI nature.

the problem is that linux has no way to detect the PCI device unless I reboot my board.

fakephp wouldn't help scince my device is not configured at the boot time.

Is there any way to do it so ?

Is it possible to re-initialize the whole pci stack again ?

Thanks for any kind help

Ayoub Zaki