[ELDK] eldk 4.2 for mips and uclibc for ppc

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 16 22:45:38 CEST 2008

Dear Arun,

in message <bb70857e0809152258k8f4d2cew1187089fc334a6a6 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Is there is any plan for Eldk 4.2 for mips. and uclibc for ppc.

At the moment htere is no specific schedule for either of these
versions. We're customer driven, so if you need one of these plese
feel free to contact me.

> how to build iso image of ELDK if any changes is done in kernel and uboot.

We don;t rebuild ELDK just because of changes in the  U-Boot  or  the
Linux  kernel  trees.  Both are pretty independent components and can
easily be built in some other directories.

> I am user of eldk since last three year and one must admit it is one of the
> best toolchain i came across.

Thanks.

> Special Thanx for Wolfgang Denk and DENX Software Engineering.

You are welcome. Your success is our success.

> Please let me know how i can contribute for DENX Software.

Well, all of this is free software. If you want you can try  and  set
up a build environment and for example start working on the necessary
adaptions for MIPS or uclibc support.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Humanity has the  stars  in  its  future,  and  that  future  is  too
important  to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant
superstition.                                          - Isaac Asimov