[ELDK] Clarification on Status of ELDK 4.2

Phil Terry pterry at vmetro.com
Tue Sep 16 17:48:30 CEST 2008

We are having problems when compiling our system with 4.2 versus 4.1 (some
packages wont link and we see some weird unexplainable runtime issues, we're
running same kernel, drivers of our own compiled with tools from 4.1 or 4.2
running with 4.1 or 4.2 NFS respectively 4.1 works 4.2 crashes) we haven't
the time right now to root cause so pressure is to drop back to 4.1.

I thought 4.2 was the latest supported release and the recommended one to use.

Others have pointed out that there is no "release of 4.2 news"

On the download page I see a 4.2-rc1 and a 4.2 so it looks like 4.2 is
released. True? Advice?

Cheers
Phil Terry