[ELDK] Clarification on Status of ELDK 4.2

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 16 22:47:12 CEST 2008

Dear Phil Terry,

In message <200809160848.30620.pterry at vmetro.com> you wrote:
> We are having problems when compiling our system with 4.2 versus 4.1 (some
> packages wont link and we see some weird unexplainable runtime issues, we're
> running same kernel, drivers of our own compiled with tools from 4.1 or 4.2
> running with 4.1 or 4.2 NFS respectively 4.1 works 4.2 crashes) we haven't
> the time right now to root cause so pressure is to drop back to 4.1.

So what exactly is the kernel version you are using, what board /
architecture is this, and which version of boot loader are you using?
Is this arch/ppc or arch/powerpc?

> I thought 4.2 was the latest supported release and the recommended one to use.

Indeed it is.

> On the download page I see a 4.2-rc1 and a 4.2 so it looks like 4.2 is
> released. True? Advice?

Yes, ELDK 4.2 for ppc/ppc64 was release in April.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Writing a book is like washing an elephant: there's no good place  to
begin  or  end,  and  it's  hard to keep track of what you've already
covered.