[ELDK] Fwd: OpenJDK and Other Questions

Jason Hanna jason.m.hanna.at.coincident at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 14:34:48 CEST 2008

Jeffrey and Tom,

Thank you very much for following up on my OpenJDK question.

> I did think at one point that gcj would rapidly fade away.  This is
> going more slowly than I predicted, mostly because OpenJDK is still
> not ported to enough architectures.

I remember reading magazines in 1980's when I was a kid that featured
"cars of the future". I'm still waiting for those cars. Hopefully
OpenJDK has slightly better timing.

Before attempting to make GCJ work I'm going to try running Debian
Lenny on my Kilauea board. I built a Lenny VM yesterday on my
workstation and got OpenJDK/IcedTea running quite easily. Next step is
try and run a similar configuration on my embedded system.

Thanks Again,
-jmh